Drinking water is very important and is one of the best ways to maintain your health. It is the best option for hydration. Instead of grabbing, soda, punch, juice, coffee, alcohol…grab water.
It is also gluten-free, sugar-free, nut free, egg free, dairy free, alcohol-free, paleo, aip, keto and whole 30 approved. 😉 So basically it’s for everyone…no excuses.
Why should you stay hydrated by drinking WATER? I’m glad you asked. 🙂 Here are just a few reasons:
- To reduce fatigue, increase physical, mental capabilities, and motivation. Especially when exercising…be sure to replace those fluids as you lose them.
- To increase energy levels and brain function.
- To prevent and eliminate headaches which can be triggered by dehydration.
- To help maintain body temperature.
- To help/keep things (urine/bowels/toxins) moving along eliminating that waste from your body. It helps with digestion.
- To help with absorption.
- To help treat kidney stones.
- To help prevent hangovers.
- To aid in weight loss.
Try to drink about 8 glasses a day.
- Drink two when you first get up.
- Drink at least one 30 minutes before each meal.
- Drink one before your bath.
- Drink one before bed or at least 2 hours before bed if you have trouble with sleep or urinary incontinence.
Unfortunately, some people don’t like the taste of water or think its boring.
Here are a few tips that might help you drink more water:
- Use filtered, spring, or sparkling natural mineral water.
- Keep a cup, glass, or bottle of water available to sip from throughout the day.
- Infuse it! Add sliced or chopped fruit…citrus, tropical, berries, melon, and others. Add sliced or chopped vegetables…cucumber, carrots, celery, or even hot or sweet peppers. Add fresh grated, or ground spices…ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper; etc. Add herbs…mint, sage, rosemary, basil, cilantro, thyme, lavender; etc. Any variety will do.
- Keep a large jug or pitcher filled with the amount that you want to drink for that day. Drink glasses from it throughout the day until it’s gone.
For an extra boost to your health, add apple cider vinegar.
Now drink up!!!
My favorite infused water is frozen mixed berries with a slice or two of lemon in S.Pellegrino Sparkling Natural Mineral Water. However, I try to drink filtered or Deer Park Spring Water with lemon & lime or lemon & cucumbers more often.
What is your favorite way to drink your water?